Friday, February 22, 2008

Spaghetti with Tomato Cream Sauce

We love pasta at our house and this is Birch's favorite, spaghetti with tomato cream sauce. I'm not even an onion lover and I think it's pretty tasty. Plus it's fast!

Thanks to Kelly for the idea for this post and to Maranda for sharing the recipe at a recipe swap!

Tomato Cream Sauce
Saute in a medium frying pan:
1 T olive oil
½ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

Add and bring to a boil:
½ can Italian-style diced tomatoes
½ T basil
¼ t sugar
¼ t oregano
1/8 t salt
Dash of pepper

Boil until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
Stir in:
¼ c heavy cream or whole milk
½ T butter

Reduce and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve over spaghetti.
Makes 3 servings.

2 comments:

jeanie said...

Hi Camille, (love your blog) I am going to have to try this recipe, sounds soo good. I am with you, I don't care much for onions either!

Megan Turnidge said...

Maybe I should try this... Tyrel doesn't usually like pasta, which makes me really sad because I LOVE pasta!!