I love this time of year! Something about a new start feels so good. All of the holiday stress is over and you can focus on what's important to you. Here's a few pics from our New Year's Eve at home. We made a dinner of appetizers: potato skins, egg rolls and chicken quesadillas. It took longer than we thought so Trevor got away with eating peanut butter out of the jar for a while.


I know a lot of people don't like New Year's resolutions because they never last, but why not? Even if you set five goals and only achieve one, you're better off than you were before. I like reading what other people are working on this year, so here's my two cents:
1. Wake up before my kids
2. Take pictures more often
3. Make a quilt
4. Get a babysitter and go on a real date once a month
5. Take a fun class through PCC or Parks & Rec
6. Run safely: run with mace and ID for me & the kids

Here's a finished project we've been working on for a while: swings in the backyard! Birch finished the frame this week after Santa (his parents) gave us the swings for Christmas.

I don't think I ever posted about redecorating the kids' room. It's painted navy on the bottom with a white chair rail. All of our parents were a huge help with this project the weekend of Haley's blessing. I especially love the quilt and wall hanging my mom made for her. She did one for Trevor too that he still has.
2 comments:
I love how the kids' room looks. Also I love your idea of having an ID on you and the kids when you run. I am a not a very safe runner, so this was a great reminder for me! Thanks!!
I like #1 and #4!! :) It's so hard to get up before kids, but it makes such a difference. I just wish I was better at doing it!
Post a Comment