Friday, November 26, 2010

Langosta!

Here's our first attempt at a home-cooked lobster. I hope you follow these same steps if you decide to try it yourself:

1. Let the critters out of the bag to crawl around for a while.

2. Don't le the lobsters get too close to mom or she'll scream and scare the kids.

(I think Haley thought we had just found the biggest cockroaches in the world and were crazy to keep them in the house.)

3. Show off those big claws!

4. Drop into the big pot of boiling water...

5. Ta da! A delicious, home-cooked lobster dinner.
(I think this might be our last attempt. The mess inside the lobster was a little much for me. I'll just order a tail at a restaurant the next time I'm feeling a little fancy. They can take care of the dissection.)

6 comments:

Jesse and Camry said...

So brave! I'm with Haley... no lobsters for me please!

Barbara said...

WOW! You go girl! I have to say that I laughed out loud as I was reading this. Those lobsters are HUGE! How yummy! I love lobsters. You are so brave. That pic of Haley crying is adorable and Trevor is just looking at them fasinated...what a boy!

Elaine said...

I love lobster but I never considered the fact that you would have to 'disect' them if you cook them yourself. Way to be adventerous.

Nathan, Bethany, Noah, and Porter said...

Yikes! Good for you giving it a shot, I don't think I'll ever try to cook my own lobster- nothing in I cook should come into the house still moving!

Kelly said...

oh my gosh, that was the nastiest post i have ever read in my life. I cant stand sea food. Too long to post why. I love the cockroach comment. I am right there with you Haylie girl!!! AHH!! I miss you.

Eevi said...

wow! that is awesome! I love Haley's face when she is terrified. Sure have missed you and the kiddos!